Health and Safety
Specific precautions to be taken include:
- Access control to ensure only authorised personnel enter the site.
- Mandatory wearing of safety helmets and footwear on site.
- All lifting and hoisting equipment to be tested and certified before use and lifting and hoisting operations to be supervised by experienced and qualified personnel.
- Supervision and inspection of all temporary works support systems by qualified engineers.
- Provision of safety barriers around the basement excavation, all access scaffolding working platforms. all exposed slab edges. all slab openings and all lift shaft openings.
- Provision of safe access to all work areas for construction and inspection.
- Provision and use of safety harnesses where work must be carried out in an exposed location.
- Temporary lighting to all levels in the building and stairwells.
- Regular cleaning and removal of rubbish and surplus construction materials and equipment.
- Provision of the lighting equipment at all levels of the building.
A dedicated Safety Officer will be appointed who will be responsible to the Project Manager for monitoring all working practices on site and ensuring that the comnpany’s mandatory safety procedures are adhered to at all time